Thursday, March 1, 2012

In My Mailbox: February Edition


Technically I should have done a book review this Thursday, but things got in my way of finishing the book I'm currently reading. So instead I decided to share with you the books I acquired during the month of February as part of The Story Siren's "In My Mailbox" feature.

The IMM feature was started as a way for bloggers to share what books they'd recently found or received and to connect with other bloggers to find new reads. Some people post this feature every week, others every other week, and some even once a month. I've decided to post my own IMM at the beginning of every month to share with my readers all the lovely new books I've added to my bookshelves!

Here are my February book-acquisitions:


Hardbacks/Paperbacks
The Doomsday Vault by Steven Harper (Clockwork Empire series)
Ironside by Holly Black (Modern Faerie Tale series)
A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee (The Agency series)
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Newsoul series)
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
Tempest by Julie Cross (Tempest series)
Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Everneath series)
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (The Cahill Witch Chronicles series)

E-reads (for Kindle app)
In His Eyes Anthology by The Indelibles (multiple MG and YA writers)

Most of these books are in the YA genre, but that is what I seem to be reading a lot of these days. (Because there are sooooo many good YA books out!) And many of these are brand new books that were published this year or at the end of last year.

Have you read any of these books? Any of them on your to-be-read list? What books have you acquired in the last month/week?

(Elvish Farewell)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, there are lots and lots of many YA books out at the moment. I read a many of them, too. People say it's an underestimated genre and maybe they're right - but at the moment I feel like YA is getting more and more popular. Or is that only my point of view?

    Whatever - all these books seem to be pretty amazing. I personally can't wait go get Incarnate and Born Wicked, but Tempest and Everneath are going to be on my wishlist soon, too. I'd love to hear what you think about them after you're finished reading.

    If you want to, feel free to check out my first IMM ever here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog, Miri! =) This was my first ever IMM too. I'll definitely go take a look at yours.

      Delete