Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Attempted Craft Project...

I was going to share with you guys a "time-traveling" themed craft I made...but it became more complicated than I had originally planned and various things got in my way today (including a nice visit with my talkative grandmother and an unexpected job opportunity which I will explain in a moment). See, here's my proof of the awesome craftiness I was concocting!

my TARDIS design

my TARDIS pattern pieces


The TARDIS is the time-traveling space ship from my favorite TV show, Doctor Who. I love this show…or as my fiancée likes to say, I’m “obsessed” with this show. But the blame is on him for getting me hooked on it in the first place. Anyways, I will continue work on my lovely plushy craft this weekend and should have a crafty blog post next week about it.

Now as I mentioned before, I received an unexpected job opportunity this morning as a costume designer/wardrobe supervisor for a small independent film. I worked on my first short film in the beginning of last year (Ruth’s Locket) as I favor for a friend of mine. Turns out the cinematographer for that film is working on this current film and offered my name up when the producer was looking for an experienced wardrobe person. I was thrilled! I meet with the producer/director tomorrow and will find out more details about this project. *smiles* It’s nice to be working in one of my areas of “expertise” again! (I rather miss costuming recently.)

I also wanted to share with you a nifty little feature I found on The Story Siren’s blog today. It’s an interactive cover for Bethany Griffin’s new book Masque of the Red Death. (Yes, it’s based on the Poe story “The Masque of the Red Death".) I’m super excited about this book coming out at the end of April and will be reviewing it sometime in late 2012 (along with a bookmark giveaway).


Anyone else a WHO fan? And what do you think of the cover or the book?

~Namárië
(Elvish Farewell)

No comments:

Post a Comment