Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fueling my Obsession

Check out the Babbling Flow and see what awesome ARCs Sara is giving away in another fabulous contest entitled "MOAR ARCs!!" (I won one of the ARCs from her previous contest*, which I'm super excited to read!) Here is the list of the ARCs she's giving away this time:
ARC: Shut Out, by Kody Keplinger
ARC: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin
ARC: Ashes, by Ilsa Bick (SIGNED)
ARC: After Obsession, by Carrie Jones & Steven Wedel
ARC: The Eleventh Plague, by Jeff Hirsch


Now onto the main point of this blog post: I have a problem, an obsession if you will. It's not dangerous or life-altering (though it is in some ways) or even anything really all that bad. (Don't worry, Mom!) But a problem it is...you see,  I’m obsessed with books and reading! Now this problem isn't a bad thing since reading helps develop your brain, entertains your imagination, and improves your writing skills. But this problem is a big consumer of my time…and my slim budget. It seems I can’t walk in a book store these days with buying at least one book, if not a whole handful! O.o Of course, my main problem is that I kept finding more books to add to my “to-read” list, but I’m not gaining any more time to read them all. And my fellow bloggers are not helping! They are enabling my obsession…those silly enablers! J/K! =P

In the past several months, I have been fortunate enough to win several books from blogging contests (like the one I mentioned above) as well as being given the honor to review an ARC for a fellow blogger’s book tour (**). I feel privilege to be a part of such a giving and helpful community of writers/readers/bloggers who help promote each other and share the book-joys they have discovered. =)


So much time, so little to read...wait--strike that, reverse it! =P (Bonus points if anyone knows what movie quote that's based on...of course, the points don't really mean anything, so how about warm fuzzies from me instead!)


And how long is my obsession-filled “to-read” list you ask? Here is a sampling of 20 books on my list:
“Monarch” by Michelle Davidson Argyle** (read: review here)
“Possession” by Elana Johnson
“The Dark Deeps” by Arthur Slade
“The Name of the Star” by Maureen Johnson*
“Darke” by Angie Sage (though I need to read the first 5 books in this series)
“Soulless” by Gail Carriger
“Incarceron” by Catherine Fisher
“Boneshaker” by Cherie Priest
“The Map of Time” by 
“The Native Star” by M. K. Hobson
“Leviathan” by Scott Westerfeld
“Neverwhere” by Neil Gaiman
“American Gods” by Neil Gaiman
 “City of Bones” by Cassandra Clare
“Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare
“Airborn” by Kenneth Oppel

Again, this small list is just a sampling of my “to-read” list. And come 2012, I’ll have even more books, including the debut novels of Karen Amanda Hooper and Roni Loren (*throws confetti in celebration*)!

Have you read any of the books I've mentioned above? I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

What books are you looking forward to reading or are already on your “to-read” list for this year? I’m always looking new stories to add to my ever-growing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment