Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Welcome Back in 2012

Hello again, my lovely readers! Sorry about my impromptu hiatus at the end of last year. Other things kept getting in my way, my schedule was all screwy, and then the holidays hit! I won’t bother you with details, but now I’m back…for good this time!

When I started this blog (way back when), I had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to share things, have a place to jot down my opinions, and join the online community to connect with others. Now while I have done all these things, I’ve still neglected to get the hang of this whole blogging and planning thing. So over the past week, I’ve devised a schedule for my posts revolving around my passions of writing, reading, and crafting/costuming/theatre. Hopefully every Tuesday and Thursday, you’ll find a post about one of these three topics here at “May-Day’s Daze”.

I also hope to do a book review every other Thursday (starting this Thursday) in order to keep myself reading and to spread the news about the books and authors I discover. I’ve once again joined Goodreads Reading Challenge with the goal of 30 books in 2012. (Sadly I only made it to 15 in 2011.) Through Goodreads I have been able to keep track not only of the books I have read, but of the books on my to-be-read list. Right now my 2012 TBR list has 60 books on it…60! I know I will not be able to read all of them this year, but I’ll be happy if I can get through at least half of them.

My 2012 TBR list includes books I’ve had on my shelf and being meaning to read for quite some time; books from 2012 debuting authors; books that continue or complete series that I’ve been following and thrown myself into; and books that I discovered through friends, other bloggers, Goodreads, and the old fashion method of skimming through the shelves at my local library. I’ll probably post the list somewhere on this blog once I get it typed up. (To see books I have already read this year, check out the “reading challenges” tab at the top of this page.)

Any of you have reading goals for 2012? Or perhaps any lengthy to-be-read lists that are forever growing?

(Elvish Farewell)

No comments:

Post a Comment